October 5th Event
Well our event with Annah Stretton at the Modern Pantry is fast approaching and shows how quickly time flies. For those who haven’t bought tickets there are only a few left. Please feel free to invite other Kiwi women who would be interested in attending this event. Register on the website @ http://nzwomen.co.uk/events?func=details&did=1
A little help for Annah
While Annah Stretton is here in Europe she is looking to speak with anyone who has contacts with UK fashion agents. Please let us know so we can put you in contact with Annah before she arrives here in London. Email email@example.com
We are in the final stages of planning November’s event and will be able to release the dates and theme of the evening at October’s event.
We are also seeking anyone who has a Kiwi business who would like to provide a free venue to host up-and-coming events. We are also looking for future speakers and ideas for themes. Please email Bronwen on firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.
Along with celebrating Annah winning the Veuve Clicquot Award for 2009, we are delighted to let you know that Katherine Corich of Sysdoc is short-listed as a Finalist in the Entrepreneurial Category of the prestigious UK National Business Awards 2009 which will be announced on November the 10th in London. Katherine and some of her team will be attending our event on the 5th so you will have a chance to congratulate her in person.
Dubai based, Donna Stills is organising a conference to be held in Central London at the end of January 2010 under the banner of 'Dream Dare Dance'.
Thirdly, if you've always dreamed of being on the stage and delivering a presentation or run a workshop at such an event? Please let Donna know what exciting activities & thoughts you'd like to share that would be inspiring and motivating to women.
Contact Donna direct by emailing her at email@example.com
Upcoming Kiwi Events in London
Part of the aim of our network is to help each of you to build your own networks and to help support Kiwi’s and Kiwi businesses here in the UK. Some up and coming events include:
K O H A T U + P E T R O S
Winter Collection 2009 Invitation
Thursday 1st October 2009 - Friday 2nd October 2009
12 noon - 8.00 pm
Montagu Place Town House Hotel
2 Montagu Place
10% discount will be offered on
presentation of this card for the above dates only.
- New Zealand Society – Oktoberfest 15th October at NZ House Penthouse and Winter Drinks and Christmas Markets 26th November for further info and bookings see www.nzsociety.co.uk
- University of Canterbury Alumni Cocktail Evening - October 23rd at NZ House Penthouse between 6 and 8pm
RSVP: by 16 October to Chapel & York Limited, 12 Ladycross Park, Hollow Lane, Lingfield, RH7 6PB, United Kingdom, ph: +44 1342 871910, fax: +44 3 1342 871911, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kea - up and coming events - check their latest newsletter at http://www.keanewzealand.com/groups/kea-uk-news.html)
- The Conway Whitcliffe Trust will be holding it’s launch on 12th November at the Halfmoon pub in Putney. The trust has been established by Kiwi Dee Chase who is the widower of Conway Whitcliffe who died tragically in 2007. The aim of the Trust is to help bring music to children of the World via grants for music lessons. For more details speak to Dee at our October 5th event or see www.conwaywickliffetrust.com
- NZ NEWS UK - One of the best ways to keep up to date with New Zealand goings-on is to regularly visit www.nznewsuk.co.uk
- Peta Mathias book launch on the 19th August was superb – check out her book on Amazon UK ‘Fabulous thoughts on being a Woman’
- Another worthwhile read is ‘Beyond the Boys Club’ which endeavours to show you how to develop your careers strategy, break though the glass ceiling for women and completely raise your game. Packed with vital insights and inspirational ideas, the book is written specifically for professional females to enable strategic advancementin leadership roles...whereever you are in your career.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 5th of October.